Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm a Material Girl!

Most of you that read this all ready know about my current employment. For those who are not as up to date, I am a nanny for a family that has 3 children. The first is 10, then next 6, and the third 19months. Well, my job puts me in a interesting spot at times. For example, when I think about cars, I wonder if 2-3 car seats will fit in the back. Additionally, I find that my purse now carries everything but the kitchen sink; wipes, tissues, sippy cups, etc. I had a rather large, but quite "mom-ish", purse that was wearing out and I then managed to spill soda all over the inside and out. So purse shopping was in order. My roommate and I went out looking this past Saturday and she found this huge, but stylish purse. The best thing, it has pockets and compartments; a surprisingly rare feature in large purses! You wouldn't believe how much I have fallen in love with this purse. My I-pod and camera have their own special spots, then there is the gum/pen section, the personal section, key and phone, seriously, it is the best!




But seriously, is this purse not like half the size of my body. I remember as kids we would always make fun of mom for her huge purses. Dad used to open them and shout hello into them and then make the echo. I take back all my teasing and laughing at others teasing b/c you really have to carry everything.


Ok, enough about the purse. Monday night for FHE our ward did some work at the Utah Food Bank. They put us in charge of delivering food to individuals that couldn't get out to get it due to disability. This was a truly humbling experience. One of the people we delivered to lived in an RV in a trailer park. It was so tiny! I thought it was just the one lady we were delivering to that lived there, but then her daughter came out to help us. Once inside I discovered a crib that was squeezed into the tight quarters and a little boy, probably younger then two, was inside. It was so good to go around to the individual homes.


After the deliveries, we came back home to enjoy a sweet treat that I discovered the other day. it is a Nilla wafer, with Nutella, banana, strawberries, and a cherry on top. Amazing! I am not supposed to eat much chocolate, but this is totally worth the discomfort that follows.



Those are the highlights for now. If you want more nitty-gritty details, I would be happy to fill you in individually.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute purse! Like I said, I'm sorta in the market for a new one myself.

anne said...

Erica: That sounds like the world's most complicated snack. It also looks like it might be worth it. Love You! Anne.

AZ Allreds said...

so where did you get that purse? It totally is cute and way better than a diaper bag -- which I'm done carrying around...let me know woman. Love You.