Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cheap thrills

A couple of years ago I became the proud owner of a queen size deluxe air mattress (double the height of a regular air mattress). Ever since I got it I always talk about how I am going to sleep on it just for the fun of it. I mean think about it, I am still sleeping in a twin bed:(.

While, I finally did it. Some of my friends came by on Friday night and after staying up way too late, I was in the mood to get it out. After finally getting to bed, I slept great! However vinyl is not the most "breathable" material, even though I had a blanket under me, it still got a little warm. I think I am going to give it one more night. I mean, just look at the thing, wouldn't you?



I have decided to set up a "buy-Erica-a-queen-size-bed-for-her-30th-birthday-fund". Anyone wishing to contribute can contact me (you have 1 year and 3 months to think about it). Also, anyone who whats to fly out and celebrate my 30th with me next year is invited. I have decided to make a big deal of it.

My friend Melissa and I took the kids to the Tracey Aviary on Friday. I did a little research on it and the aviary was founded when a guy donated his private bird collection to the city. I was really excited to go, but it turned out to be just too hot to enjoy it fully. They do a bird show twice a day and the last time I went it was quite entertaining. But the birds must have been feeling very rascally that day, because so many wouldn't do their tricks, one even decided to just fly off. I guess the heat was getting to them too.

We still made sure to get some pictures to document the event. I will add the picture of me and the horned owl later when my friend Melissa emails it to me. I wanted a picture with the emus since they are my favorite bird, but they were hiding. If you have never heard the sound an emu make you should check it out! http://www.abc.net.au/archives/av/birds.htm#e

Jonah took this picture of the pelicans. There were quite a few more and they were just swimming around in a line together. I think pelicans will be my runner up to the emu.


In other news, as a study break on Saturday I joined my ward for our ward activity at the driving range. This is my third time at a driving range, and I can not even get a ball to go 100 yards. I don't think golfing is my future. That's alright I would hate to be in Tigers shoes with a knee injury, surgery and all. Again I will add another picture later, it is on Cambree's camera so I need to get it from her.

4 comments:

Cyndie said...

I can not believe we are going to be 30 next year. I thought I would never be 30 and now it is knocking on the door...

CommonMama said...

Wow!!! (ok, I am just making a second comment.)

anne said...

Erica, I also love pelicans. Emus, not so much. Love, Anne.

Ashley said...

Hey- was it the Harris' Hawk that flew off? The Tracy Aviary is the fieldtrip everyone goes on this week and twice now that Harrison has flown away. Today I went with Adrienne and the Mustangs and they had to cancel the show and as we walked out of the Aviary the firetruck showed up. Birds are just rascally I think. Rascally...that's so an Erica word!