Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cram in the fun before school starts

My summer class is starting this Thursday and so I have been cramming in the fun. Yesterday I went on a hike with a couple of friends. It was a pretty low key one since I am not in the best of shape currently. Here are some of the great views we were able to enjoy.


Luckily Garrett had his phone to take the pictures so in honor of him I am including his picture (which I took) along with the picture he took of me.


If you look carefully in our pictures you can see the Draper temple which is under construction. I drive past it almost everyday as I run the kids around. The outside is pretty much complete with the exception of the steeple which still has scaffolding on it. Today they had the sod by the road ready to be installed.


Now we move on to the fun of today. I took the kids to Liberty park which has great playgrounds for kids that include water play. I would include pictures of the kids, but they are not my children so I hesitate to put them on the Internet. But it was fun and they totally passed out in deep sleep on the drive home. After work I met up with my friend April at a place called "Color Me Mine". It is one of those places where you pick a piece of all ready created pottery and then glaze it to your liking.


I will have to do another picture of the finished products because the colors will look quite a bit different after they are fired.

I have more fun planned for this week so you can all look forward to more posts in the near future.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Erica!
It looks like you are having a good time and are doing well. I often reminisce about our silly days in the Santa Fe apartments and am glad to call you my friend. I saw your blog on Cyndie's site and added you to my blogroll. I thought that you might want the URL to my site too so here you go. http://wilhelmsen.bibliotech.us/blog/ What else is new? Take care.
-Erin

CommonMama said...

Let me do my part to make your blog grammatically correct!!! Let me say that your cell phone camera techniques are rather impressive!!! Thanks for keeping us current. Lauren