Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's a Matter of Perspective

Mom came to town for a visit in the end of September. It was a fun and exciting week. Here we are at the Bingham Canyon Copper mine. These are the tires that go on the big trucks.



To give you an idea of the size of these trucks...that dark spot on the top of the bed is a man welding something on the truck. I took this picture for Mica and Ben.




Every now and then Cambree and I generate a list of fun things we want to do. Mom was instrumental in helping us cross a couple of these off the list. There is this breakfast place across the road from us that advertises a breakfast for $2.99. We have been wanting to go for some time. So Mom took us there before we went to get pedicures, another item checked off the list of fun.


We were kind of scared the the breakfast place would be a compete and scary dive, but it was very clean and as good as any breakfast you would get at Denny's.


These are the toes post pedicure. 10 points if you can guess which toes belong to each person.


Last Saturday Cambree and I did an impulsive tour of Cabellas. It was very brief because we showed up about 10 minutes before they close. They have some trout you can feed. So we paid the 25 cents for the experience. After we bought the few grains of food we noticed the large amount of them just floating on the surface of the water. That's ok though, we still got a few fish to bite.


The fine print you can't read under the "Feed the Fish" says: "FISH FOOD GOOD FOR THE FISH. NOT FOR PEOPLE. PLEASE DON'T EAT THE FISH FOOD." Sad the they have to spell that out for people.

Now we come to this weekends fun. We have an exciting month planned full of Halloween fun. We had SO MUCH to fit in that we ended up having to go to the corn maze last minute on Friday night. Luckily some of our friends were plan free and able to join us last minute.

The funny story...the corn maze is supposed to cost $7. However, we had coupons for a dollar off( one for each person in the group). Yet when it came down to paying, we all got charged different prices. We can not figure out why. Pat had ended up paying the full $7, Jake-$6, Me-$5, and Heidi-$4.


We made sure to get pictures with all the "official" corn maze guys as we happened across them.










Well, if that isn't lengthy enough, I just found out Kathryn had her baby today so that makes niece/nephew 12 for me!
Look forward to more fun blogs this month as we celebrate Halloween in all its glory!

7 comments:

anne said...

Erica: In downtown Phoenix, in front of the Arizona Department of Mining and Natural Resources, there is a park. Instead of playground equipment at this park, they have giant old mining equipment that has been rubberized for kids to play on. I think you should come to Phoenix and we can go there- since you have such an interest in mining equipment. It's fun to see how big the things are.

anne said...

Also, I would totally win the foot guessing game. The feet at the bottom are yours, then your moms to the left, then your friend at the top. Sinchy. So what do I win?

Erica said...

That park sounds like a lot of fun. I really need to get down there! What do you win?! 10 points! I really like to give out 10 points quite randomly, you only ever get 10 points, never 20 or 5, just 10. What are they good for? Nothing. You just have the joy of knowing you earned 10 of Erica's points. So congratulations! You are the winner!

CommonMama said...

Hey wait before I read Anne's entry I was going to post the same thing about the toes. Do I get to win too? I think I should. Ben thanks you for the pictures. I hope you don't mind that I downloaded one of them.

Erica said...

10 points for Lauren too. I believe you to be an honest person. Down load as much as you would like.

Susan said...

Wow, that's one big tire! You look great Erica! It's hard to believe how long it's been since I've seen you.

We will be up in West Jordan for Thanksgiving. Will you be around? Love to visit!

Melody said...

I would have won the toe guessing game too! I like the giant tire picture-your mom is cute. :) I also like the guy in the corn maze with the cool red beard.