Sunday, October 26, 2008

Artistic Skills Put on Trial

We revisited the taco stand. I think we might be addicted. However, there seems to be a language barrier so we have enlisted the help of one of our bilingual friends for our next visit.

We hit the haunted village on Friday night for some Halloween fun. Unfortunately no pictures were taken but it was mildly entertaining. I have to be honest and say that they did get me to jump a couple of times. And this one guy followed us for a while and Cambree gave him my name so he kind of creeped me out.

So, I carved my pumpkin tonight. I tried to be all "artsy" and do a spider in a web, but it is really indistinguishable and it may contain at least 4 toothpicks. Luckily we bought 3 pumpkins because things are supposed to be more artistic in groups of 3's or 5's so I was able to redeem my pumpkin carving skills with a more traditional carving approach.



Thanks Jennifer for all the votive candles that are helping the pumpkins look all festive!

I almost forgot! Yet another thing on our list of fun things to do: Whittle something out of wood. That was part of our entertainment on Friday night. I didn't get very far, but it was fun. I can't wait to get back to work on it!


6 comments:

Garrett said...

Only mildly entertaining? Common? I tried hard for ya'll!

CommonMama said...

I love the pumpkins. I can't wait to visit UT so I can go to the Taco stand, there isn't much more there for me (this is a joke of course.) And what were you whittling? Pants?

Jennifer said...

What are you whittling?

Jennifer said...

It kind of looks like a pair of pants.

4cummings said...

Again with taco stands! I'm getting jealous and it's going to be a long time before we make it out there. :-(

Ashley said...

I tagged you! See my site for details!