Saturday, October 11, 2008

Can You Identify This?

I was on my way home form Jennifer's belated birthday dinner when I saw this huge thing being transported on the freeway. I have absolutely no idea what it is, but my fascination with it was piqued as I drove beside it all the way from Orem to home. I was tempted to follow it and see were they went, but they probably were headed west to Nevada or something, and I was almost out of gas.


I hope this picture helps you appreciate the size of it. If you have any idea what it is, please share, it is kind of driving me crazy not knowing. I think things like this should have a brief explanation posted as they transport.

7 comments:

Cyndie said...

Bryan thinks it is a wing to an airplane. :)

Darryl said...

Thats easy: it's a blade from a wind turbine. The blades can be even bigger, as long as a football field sometimes.

4cummings said...

I'm with Darryl

CommonMama said...

That is so cool and definitely looks like the blade of a wind turbine, though if others hadn't stated it first I wouldn't have seen that, I thought an airplane wing too.

Me said...

I agree...don't you remember when we went to see them at Aunt Lindas...they were immense!

AZ Allreds said...

It's interesting to say the least! I'm always curious about some of the things that I see being hauled around... so you are pretty handy at taking puics while driving...or should we be worried!?

Erica said...

As for the picture taking while driving...I know it is not the best safety option. But rest assured, I just point the camera in the general direction it needs to go and shoot away and hope for the best. My eyes stay on the road.