Monday, October 20, 2008

A 10 Out of 10 Sort of Day

You might be wondering if it is even possible to have a 10 out of 10 sort of day, but I promise you that Saturday was just such a day.

It started out with me waking up with a desire to exercise. If I do exercise, it is out of obligation, but this day, my eyes opened, and my first conscious thought was, "I have time for a good long walk".

The weather and temperature was PERFECT!

I got to spend the majority of the day with one of my favorite people, April Bitton.


We went out for a delicious and very belated birthday breakfast for her (June). For those who live near a Kneaders, you have to go try their french toast! Amazing!


April got to substitute coach her sisters adorable soccer team. They range from age 3 to 5. I am pretty sure if the day had ended there, it would have been perfect, but it just kept getting better from there.

I was able to go to the Jordan River Temple and do a session there. Yeah!

Then it was off to the pumpkin patch. There is this great farm (Day Farm) in West Layton. For $5 you get a hay ride to the pumpkin patch and you get to select your pumpkin and pick it from the vine. My friends Cindy and Bryan introduced me to it.

Here is our tractor driver.


The crew anxiously awaiting the ride.



Everyone with their pumpkins.



Then on the way home we went to this great pizza place in Centerville. It is Camille's (a great friend) favorite place.

Of course a 10 out 0f 10 day couldn't be so without sharing company we so many wonderful people.

Two other note worthy ventures from the week.

1. Our midweek banana run. Apparently we were not the only customers at Smith's in need of bananas that day.



2. In our neck of the woods road side taco stands are like hot dog stands in NYC (or so I've heard), they are everywhere. We have always talked to going, but have always been kind of intimidated, b/c we don't speak Spanish. Well, we tackled our fears on Friday night, and are now left wondering why it took us so long. The tacos were fabulous and super cheep. It is one of my best $3 meals. Unfortunately we did not photograph the experience because we were all ready feeling about as "gringa" as they come.

3 comments:

Cyndie said...

Erica I am hurt. How long have we known each other? We have even LIVED together, and you misspelled my name. I am going to go to my room and cry now.

CommonMama said...

10 out of 10, and it didn't involve me???? Now I am going to MY room to cry!! Just kidding, of course. Looks like you had lots of fun, though I do wish I were there.

Erica said...

My deepest aplogies cyndie. I do know how to spell your name, but I think that I was so worried about spelling Bryan's name right that the y made it into your name.