Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Return to Blogging

Along with a holiday break came a break from blogging. But I will now reestablish the habit.

Some of you may be wondering what I did over the holiday. Truth be told a large chunk of my time went to my new webkinz pet. His name is Baxter.







We spent a lot of time together in his virtual world playing video games and decorating his room.


If you can't read the blurb, it says "I love it when you come to see me!" then he makes a kissy sound and a little heart appears in the air. He is the perfect pet.

The fire hydrant is his refrigerator. He likes to ride around on his skateboard.

He usually sleeps in his bed when I am not playing with him. But sometimes when I come back he has moved to his skateboard and is sleeping there.

This is where he sits to work on the puzzles I got for him.

We even tried to hook up with my nieces' webkinz pets but found it difficult to get into the same virtual room. Perhaps they noticed the year 1979 on my profile and for the safely of young children everywhere have intentionally made it next to impossible for me to meet them in a virtual room.
Poor Baxter doesn't get to play as often now that I have returned to the world of work and responsibility.
It was great to get together with family. I have pictures, but for the safety of young children I will not be posting those on my blog which is unprotected in the Internet world. I will send those out in email form in the next week or so.
Another great gift I got this year was the game "Don't Eat Pete". I had my first chance share it with my friends on Friday night.






Other excitement to be noted...

While I was gone Cambree put the baseboards in my room and the kitchen, painted the hallway, including the dark brown doors, and installed a towel rod and a toilet paper holder in my bathroom. I told her I should leave town more often.;-)

That's all until next week-

8 comments:

CommonMama said...

I am glad you have Baxter, it kind of makes me want a virtual pet, but then again I get sucked into just about anything that involves the internet (only wholesome stuff of course)

Melody said...

Yay you're back! That's funny-my nephews are obsessed with webkinz!

AZ Allreds said...

Do you think that if I leave my house for a while that Cambree will come and improve my house? Hope you're having fun...and being good!

RotorHeadDad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. C. Yeates said...

I play Don't Eat Pete with my kindergartners. Nice to see adults enjoy the game as well. Anything to get a little extra chocolate in the system.

Melissa said...

I've heard about webkinz lately and was wondering about them. How fun! Baxter is a great name too!

Erica said...

I am extremely interested in the deleted comment!!!

anne said...

Erica: Do you girls own that house? How fun to have something to work on like that!