Monday, August 25, 2008

The Wild Fire from Where I Sat Today

So today around 12:30 I came out on the deck to see this.


A little alarming, but still far enough away. 2 hours later it had spread significantly.


Don't worry, I kept a very close watch on it all day to make sure we were not in any danger of being trapped on the mountain.

It was actually a very educational experience for the kids, we talked about the causes of wild fires, how they try to contain them, the damages that can be caused by them and how we are glad there are people who are trained to put them out; especially the pilots that fly so close to homes and mountains. I wish I had gotten a picture of the one plane that flew directly over the Seares house, but I did get a video of one that got close.

1 comment:

CommonMama said...

Too bad you used up all your water balloons on the dinosaurs! I am glad that you are safe and got to learn so much.