Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Untitled Blog

The biggest event of the week was the completion of my anatomy class. I have to say that taking a final has never made me so happy before. I was a little giddy on the drive down to take it yesterday because I knew it was the end of the longest 7 1/2 weeks of my life.

I had an eventful week with the kids as well. One day we went to the children's museum and another day we went to the planetarium.


Both were fun but I was most excited about the planetarium because it was free!

Friday night I went to see the play Seven Brides for Seven Brothers-a favorite from my childhood. It was at a little small community theater in Magna. The Empress Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic places, it first opened in 1917.
Every one that worked the show were volunteers. There were a few people from my ward in the production, so that made it even more enjoyable to watch.
After I finished my final on Saturday morning, it was time to celebrate!
Jennifer and I spent a good chunk of the day shopping. Then I met up with my study-buddies to celebrate over dinner. If it weren't for these guys, I wouldn't have made it through the class. There would have been a picture of all of us, but several of my friends were too spent and didn't feel like a picture. The last celebratory event was ice blocking.
Two other random pictures to share. I really liked the shadow that this chair made.

And I liked how you can see the rain falling in this picture.


5 comments:

Tad Wimmer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Seven Brides. Come on back and bring your children to Seussical, the Musical after it opens on August 29.

CommonMama said...

I love the shadow the chair made, good eye. I have always loved when I can see the rain off in the distance. Thanks for the photos.

Melody said...

That's a cool picture of the chair-cute storm trooper kid too :)

anne said...

Erica: Mark and I went to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the Hale Theatre for our first date. It was an auspicious day because Charlton Heston himself was seated just behind us for the performance.

It sounds like those kids are having a lot of fun thanks to you! That's awesome. I wish I lived closer so Mary and I could come to some of that fun stuff with you!

Melissa said...

Yea! Anatomy is done! I'm so excited, because now you get to play with me on Friday night! Glad that you've had some fun lately too.