Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday is a Great Day!

Here are some highlights from the week. School is taking up most of my midweek, so for now, Sunday's are going to be my blog update.

The first thing of note for the week was a milestone in the life of my car.



In case you can't see the mileage the first says 99,999. Then the next picture is the 100,00. I thought that alone was a momentous day, but then I was on my way back from bringing Jonah to tutoring when I noticed a collection of cars parked along the road by the Draper. They were lowering the Angel Moroni into place, I was very excited that we drove by at that time.


The kids and I were in a silly mood that day so I taught them how to make the upside down face. They thought it was hilarious! I have to say, it hasn't gotten old for me either.

Way back when our Relief Society gave us little cups with flower seed in them. I transferred mine to a very small pot. After that Cambree took over loving them and on Tuesday night I noticed this itty-bitty blossom. Isn't it cute?



Thursday Jonah, Marie Claire and I went to Wheeler farm while Abe was at his guitar lesson. I love Wheeler farm so much! My favorite are definitely the little lambs.



Saturday night I took a break from studying to volunteer at the 4th annual fundraiser for the preschool I used to work for. It was a ton of fun. The other person in the picture is my friend and former co-worker Ashley. The fundraiser had a Luau theme. I was in charge of table decorating, raffle, and keeping track of the live auction. I had a last minute responsibility of demonstrating the joy of riding a baby-blue beach cruiser. It has been forever since I rode a bike!

6 comments:

Melody said...

Quite an exciting week-that's cool that you got to see Moroni being put on the temple. Also, that little flower is quite adorable.

Melody said...

One of my favorite dates with David was going to Wheeler farm-we milked a cow and went on a hayride. yay!

Also, you should comment on my blog-I've actually been updating it lately...

anne said...

Erica: I have been wondering as I blog-stalk you: what are you in school for? It sounds like you are having a fun time! Those kids are lucky to have such a fun nanny! Love, Anne.

Thaltastic said...

Ah, "little Erica" is growing up. I can't believe how old we are getting, into our 30's, sheesh. And what good timing with the Angel Moroni, bet that was awesome.
-"Big Erika"

Ashley said...

Oh-you really did post it. Aren't we just 2 peas on a pod. So when are you coming back to the CA?

Erica said...

To answer your question Anne, I am going back to school to be a dental hygienist. I have the anatomy class I am in now and then physiology in the fall before I can apply to the program.