Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Circle of Life

I went up to help my friend Dani with her new baby, 7 batches of apricot jam, fruit leather and general entertainment while her husband was gone. I had notice this dragon fly on her lawn and I was planning on taking a picture of it because it looked so cool

Dani turned it over and discovered that the insides were gone and there were a number of ants inside.


Pretty cool if you ask me. This experience also left me impressed with my camera's ability for super close up pictures.

In other news, in a crazy moment a few weeks ago, I agreed to go to the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight". So that is how I spent my Thursday into Friday this week. Luckily I could sleep in a little on Friday to make up for it. All in all it was a fun time.

I am also happy to report that I got my highest quiz score in Anatomy thus far! It is definitely hanging on the fridge.

6 comments:

anne said...

Erica: a few things.

1. I am glad to see that you are keeping your word and updating your blog every sunday. It keeps your fans happy.

2. What are you going to school for? Is it medical school, because it is my greatest regret in life that I am not a doctor.

Erica said...

anne,
no medical school for me! dental hygiene is what I am after. I am doing it all backward. I got my bachelors first and now I am working on an associates.

I will be excited for the middle of august when my class is over and I will have more fun stuff to post.

I love the comments!

CommonMama said...

I am glad to know someone else out there likes to take pictures of dead things like me. Makes me feel more normal. I am glad your tests went well. Lauren

Erin said...

Hey Erica,
I really enjoy reading your blog. How are things going for you? Where are you currently living? From reading your blog it seems that you are doing well and having a good time. :) I was wondering if you have Dani's current contact info? An e-mail address or a phone number maybe? Is she still living in Nevada? She has been on my mind today and then to read that you went up to help her with her new baby just confirmed that I ought to touch bases with her. Anyway, have a good day cute girl.
-Erin

Melissa said...

Yahoo! Great Job! Having a great score definitely deserves a spot on the fridge. Hang in there, August is coming! Sad that you can't come on Thursday to play, but I understand. Have a good week!

anne said...

Erica: After you finish your associates degree, maybe you could go back and get your GED. Next stop, graduating from middle school!