Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Farewell to Summer

It is official: Summer has come to an end. At the bright and cheery hour of 7:00am this morning a attended my first class of the semester.
It has been a fabulous summer of fun! I feel grateful for all the fun trips and adventures I was able to enjoy with so many wonderful friends.
For my last weekend of freedom, I was able to attend my Park City retreat for work, volunteer at the jazz festival, and a relaxing trip up Logan Canyon and past Bear Lake.
Unfortunately the retreat and jazz festival have no photo documentation. But here are a few from the Logan trip.

We had a picnic lunch up the canyon. Here Evan, Patrick, and Cambree are playing BFLD (big fat lazy dog: usually played after a filling and satisfying meal) I took the chance to walk along a tree lined trail that ran along the river. I can't wait to revisit it in the fall.


Apparently our guy friends feel a sense of accomplishment climbing to the top of climbing structures.

We took a moment to hug the trees.


We didn't really have to use the restroom but thought it was so entertaining that this was off the main road. They had a sign on the main road advertising public restrooms. It caught both Cambree's and my attention.



There was lots of laughter.



Bear lake in the background.





I have no caption for this next one.



4 comments:

4cummings said...

Is Bear Lake full now?

Erica said...

it seemed to be. we didn't go right down to it.

CommonMama said...

The only thing I remember to say out of all the photos is that I love the gum in the back of your teeth in the un-captioned photo!

Erica said...

I was pretty excited about that when Jake took the picture.:)